This energy-saving damper from Lyemance is built to fit 8 by 8 inch flues. Silicone rubber seals create an airtight barrier, keeping air inside and debris outside your chimney. The unit is easy to install and easy to operate, with a 32-foot durable stainless steel cable included that mounts in the firebox for simple access. The manufacturer provides a lifetime warranty, but also notes that use with gas logs is not recommended due to the possibility of carbon monoxide buildup.
- Energy-Saving Damper
- Eliminates as much as 90% of the air loss of a traditional damper
- Silicone rubber seals tight to save energy and money
- Mounts easily atop a flue tile
- Features a 32' stainless cable that drops down the flue and mounts into
- Damper always opens easily with 143 lbs. of leverage
- Includes hardware, silicone sealant, 32' cable and instructions
- *We don't recommend using top-sealing dampers with gas logs - failure to
open could cause carbon monoxide to back up into the house.
- Manufacturers lifetime warranty
- Size: 8" W x 8" L
- Fits Inside Flue Size: 6½" x 6½" to 8½" x 8½"
- Height of Open Lid: 3¼"
- Cross-Sectional Area: 30 sq. in.