This Ahrens parging mix is really a versatile masonry component. It insulates your home's masonry and reduces heat conduction to combustible materials. It can also be used to satisfy the NFPA 211 requirement for smooth smoke chambers. Chamber-Tech 2000 used with a lintel angle kit and expansion tape creates a smoke chamber listed at zero clearance. An application of this parging mix improves the smoke chamber's ability to resist creosote build-up and makes it much easier to clean. One 30-pound tub can cover four square feet with a 1.5-inch thickness. Better structural strength, better air flow and better cost-effectiveness characterizes Ahrens parging compound.
- Insulates masonry and reduces heat conduction to combustible materials
- Allows you to create a smooth smoke chamber as required by NFPA 211
- Adds structural strength and improves air flow
- One 30 lb. tub can cover four sq. ft. with a 1.5" thickness
- Creates a smoke chamber UL Listed at zero clearance when used with separately purchased lintel angle kit and expansion joint tape