A chimney fan can solve some fireplace draft problems by creating a draft of its own. The RS12 by Enervex is made of cast aluminum and stainless steel. The motor is completely enclosed and maintenance free because of its air-cooled, pre-lubed sealed bearings. The fan includes a prewired junction fan, fan speed control and a bird screen. Before installing, check with local codes for permission and have the 110V wiring installed by a certified electrician. The base of the fan is 14" W x 14" L x 11" H. If the flue opening is larger than the fan base, use sheet metal to cover the flue and create a new surface for installation of the fan. This item has a 10-year manufacturer's warranty against corrosion and a 2-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Note that some local codes prohibit the use of chimney fans on gas and oil furnaces.
- RS12 Enervex Chimney Fan
- Cast-aluminum and stainless steel construction
- Solves the worst draft problems by creating its own draft
- Motor is completely enclosed and maintenance free with air-cooled, pre-lubricated, sealed ball bearings
- Includes a prewired junction box, a fan speed control and a bird screen
- Designed for minimum energy consumption using about as much as a regular light bulb
- 10-year manufacturers warranty against corrosion, 2-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
- *Before installing, check local codes and have the 110V wiring installed by a certified electrician
- **If flue opening is larger than the base of the fan, install a piece of sheet metal that will cover the flue opening with a hole in the center to correspond with the pan inlet
- Base Size: 14" W x 14" L x 11" H
- Weight: 36 lbs.