Free shipping
Low Price
View Cart
Order Online Or Call
Shop By Category
Shipping Options
Product Type

Dura-Vent Type B Type B Vent Pipe

Applications - DuraVent Dura-Vent's Type B Gas Vent system is for use with natural gas or liquid propane category I and draft hood equipped appliances, and appliances tested and listed to use Type B Gas Vent for a wide range of applications, including: natural gas fireplaces, gasfired furnaces, boilers, water heaters, and wall or space heating applications.

Materials and Construction - Round Type B Gas Vent 3" - 8" and oval 4" - 6": Aluminum .012" inner wall, galvanized .018" outer wall. Round Type B Gas Vent 10" - 16": Aluminum .016" inner wall, galvanized .021" outer wall. Round Type B Gas Vent 18" - 30": aluminum .020" inner wall, galvanized .021" outer wall. 3"-16" diameters feature twist-lock fittings, screws required for 18" and larger diameters.

Clearances - 1" clearance to combustibles in single and multi-family dwellings.

Listings - UL Listed to UL 441 and UL 1777 (MH6357). ULC Listed to ULC S605 (CMH1276 & CMH1407).

4 Questions & 4 Answers
from Rochester, MN asked:
May 3, 2016
I have a small wood stove on a porch. Can I use Type B vent pipe to replace the 30 year old stuff that I have been using?
1 Answer
Type B vent pipe is actually manufactured for gas applications only, as the inner liner is aluminum and can easily deform in a wood burning application. Only galvanized steel single wall stovepipe or stainless steel double walled stovepipe should be used.
Collin - Elite Deals Product Specialist
on May 3, 2016

from OH asked:
July 4, 2013
Can B Vent go through a plastic garden shed wall?
1 Answer
Yes, as long as the required 1" clearance is maintained, type B gas vent pipe may be used.
on July 5, 2013

Kevin Bebout
from Western KY asked:
January 4, 2013
Below are the specifications for a tankless hot water heater. I am installing two of these inside the mechanical room of a residence. I need the best way to vent these appliances, either separately or together. It would be best to bring the vents together in the attic space and only have a single hole in the roof. Natural Gas Model Number: PH-24M-DN LP Gas Model Number: PH-24M-DP Rated Gas Input (BTUs/Hr.): Full 178,500, Minimum 37,700 Dimensions (inches): 40-3/4 x 18-3/4 x 14-7/8 Empty Net Weight: 76 lbs. Minimum Working Water Pressure: Minimum 2.4 P.S.I.; Full 12.9 P.S.I. Flue Size 7-inch Diameter Vent Type Atmospherically Vented using "B" vent Gas Connection 3/4" NPT Female Water Connection 3/4" NPT Male Hot water output degree rise (U.S. gal/min) 60-degree F Rise 0.87~ 3.17 70-degree F Rise 0.75 ~ 1.17 80-degree F Rise 0.65 ~ 3.17 90-degree F Rise 0.58 ~ 3.17 100-degree F Rise 0.52 ~ 2.85
1 Answer
You need 7" inner diameter B-vent pipe for your heaters, and we do carry Metal-Fab's 7" B-vent pipe: Metal-Fab Type B Round Chimney Pipe Length - 7" x 48" You would need to use elbows and tees to connect the venting for both heaters and then run the pipe out through the roof. To see all of our 7" diameter Type B vent pipe, please see this page: Type B Vent Pipe
on January 4, 2013

Jim Gentry
from Galveston, Texas asked:
December 26, 2012
Why do I have to change the roof jack bonnet when I install a new draft-induced 80% natural gas furnace?
1 Answer
Every chimney system must use an appropriately-sized roof flashing/roof jack that is made for the particular type and size of pipe for proper UL listing.
Customer Service
on December 26, 2012