FAQ's - SunSetter Retractable Awnings
* Is this the same awning I see advertised on TV?
- Yes it is. SunSetter is America's most popular home awning. It is heavily advertised on TV, Radio, Magazines, Newspapers and the Internet. SunSetter has teamed with EliteDeals.com to provide the highest quality awning at the best price anywhere.
* How long have you been in business?
- The manufacturers of your awning have been in the awning business for over 30 years and they are America's number one home awning company and the SunSetter is the only awning awarded the prestigious Good Housekeeping Seal.
* Where are the awnings manufactured?
- Your SunSetter Motorized awning with remote is assembled in the USA, in SunSetter's 64,000 square foot factory just outside Boston, MA. It is assembled from the highest quality components available including aircraft grade aluminum and the world's finest motor from Somfy, to insure years of trouble free enjoyment.
* How long will the fabric last?
- The SunSetter fabric is a 5-layer fabric with layers of acrylic for UV protection and easy cleaning, thick vinyl pigmentation for years of durable enjoyment, and a 1000x1000 Dacron scrim center for outstanding strength and durability. Your fabric carries a 5-year limited warranty against any manufacturers defects, but in all likelihood an average fabric lasts for 8 to 10 years.
* What is the pitch of the awning?
- The actual pitch of your awning is set at the factory to a 29 inch drop. During your installation, you can readjust the pitch on your awning with a few simple steps if desired.
* How heavy is the awning?
- The weight of SunSetter Motorized awning is between 84 to 126 pounds depending on size.
* Do I have to take it down and store it over the winter?
- Not at all. Simply retract your motorized awning with the handy remote control and leave it on your home all year long. Our fabric has been designed to withstand the elements year round. If your motorized awning is not mounted under an overhang, we would strongly recommend the optional cover for added protection.
* Does the awning really make it cooler on my deck or patio?
- Your awning will keep your deck or patio up to 20 degrees cooler and in addition it will keep the inside of your home cooler as well. By preventing the sun from shining through a patio door or window, the inside stays cooler, reducing air conditioning costs and preventing fading of your carpets and furniture.
* How much wind will it take?
- Your awning is designed to protect you while you are enjoying the outdoors. You should retract it when not in use, and with the convenience of the remote control function of your awning, closing takes just seconds. That's the big advantage of SunSetter Awnings. Because your awning retracts, it will be great for windy areas where a permanent awning would be somewhat impractical and prone to damage.
* How does it plug in?
- Your SunSetter Motorized Awning can have the power cord on either end of the awning for your convenience.
- The entire awning, including the Somfy motor is UL listed for safety purposes and plugs into any 110V GFI outdoor receptacle.
* What maintenance do I need to perform?
- Your SunSetter Motorized Awning is designed to be virtually maintenance free.
- Periodic cleaning of the fabric will help extend the life of the fabric and prevent formation of Mildew.
- The awning frame is painted with a durable powder-coated paint for long lasting beauty. A bottle of colored touch-up paint is included in case the awning frame gets a scratch during installation.
* How far does it extend from the wall?
- Your awning extends out a full 10 feet 2 inches from the house, but can be partially opened in any position.
- 10ft & 11ft awnings extend out 9 feet.
* Is the awning easy to clean?
- Yes. This is a major advantage of our fabric over those of other awnings.
- With its coating of acrylic on each side, fade-resistant pigment, and 1000 denier scrim, our awning fabric is stronger and easier to keep clean than virtually any other awning fabric.
- Dirt and stains that would "set" in other woven fabrics will just wash off ours. So your awning will look beautiful for years to come.
* Is it good for pets?
- Providing a shady relief for pets is a very popular usage for a SunSetter Motorized Awning. With the convenience of opening the awning partially, you can control how much sun or shade you want on your deck or patio.
* How long does it take to get delivered? Will they put it in my garage?
- Your awning will be delivered in approximately 3 weeks.
- The freight company delivering your awning will call you or email you in advance to schedule a convenient time for delivery to your home. The
driver will generally place the awning in your driveway or next to your home, if that is accessible.
* Why is the cost so much lower than a custom awning from a local dealer?
- By teaming with EliteDeals.com, and being America's largest awning company, SunSetter is able to reduce costs by manufacturing thousands of awnings each year.
- The power of EliteDeals.com and SunSetter can not be matched by any other awning manufacturer in America.
FAQ's - Installation
* What does the awning attach to?
- The awning is mounted to the wall of the house using specially designed brackets that attached to your wall studs. A convenient stud finder is included with your awning to make finding those studs a snap during installation.
* Can I replace just the fabric?
- Yes, the fabric slides easily out of the grooves in the roller bar and the front bar. (Simply remove the cap on the front bar to expose the groove. The roller bar has a special opening designed for easy fabric replacement.)
- The new fabric then slides right back into those grooves.
* How long does it take to install?
- It doesn't take any special background or skills to install your awning properly. All you have to do is follow the easy steps in the handy installation booklet. This booklet will show you everything you need to know. You can have your awning up and operating in a few hours. If you don't feel you have the time or desire to install the awning yourself, possibly a family member or friend can assist you.
- There is also a toll free installation hotline with trained experts who have helped thousands of homeowners just like you.
FAQ's - Accessories
* What accessories are available?
- The SunSetter Motorized awning with remote control already includes features that most other awning companies consider costly add on accessories. Features like the motor and the remote control usually add over $400-$500 cost to other awnings. The SunSetter includes these at no extra cost.
- Your awning also includes a manual override with a wand to open or close the awning, in case of power outage. Other manufacturers charge extra for this safety feature.
- Your awning also includes a plug-in system which eliminates the need for professional electrician work which other awnings require.
- Your awning also includes the heavy-duty Awning Cover which protects your awning when not in use.
- One optional Accessory is our attractive Patio Lights that provide plenty of illumination for evening enjoyment.
* Do you have a screenroom for this awning?
- A screen enclosure is not available for this awning, however, this motorized retractable awning will allow you to enjoy your deck or patio much more than you ever have. It will lower temperatures on your deck by as much as 20 degrees and will allow you to continue your outdoor plans when those sudden light showers pop up unexpectedly.