SunSetter Lateral-Arm Awnings (Motorized or VISTA) Measuring Instructions
1. Measure the height of the wall where you want to install your awning. You need at least 7 ft. 6 in. from your deck or patio floor to the bottom of any roof, eave, or overhang to fit the SunSetter Lateral-Arm Awnings. (If you don't have this much clearance, you can install our Model 900XT or Model 1000XT.)
2. Measure along the side of your house to decide how wide an awning you want. The SunSetter Lateral-Arm awnings comes in pre-cut widths from 10 ft. to 18 ft. in one-foot increments. With the exception of the 10' awning, which measures 122" left to right, all other Lateral-Arm (Motorized or VISTA) awnings measure exactly like their defined size . Example, a 12 ft. awning is 12 feet wide. The actual fabric width is 41/2" less than the total awning width.
3. Measure to make sure you have at least 8 inches of clear, unobstructed space horizontally along your wall where the awning will fit against the house.
Model 1000XT or Model 900XT Measuring Instructions
1. Measure the height of the wall where you want to install your awning. You need at least 7 ft. from your deck or patio floor to the bottom of any roof, eave, or overhang to fit the Model 1000XT, and at least 6 ft. 8 in. to fit a Model 900XT. Be sure to allow clearance for doors, light fixtures, electrical outlets, etc. You can install these awnings up to 10 ft. off the floor.
2. Measure along the side of your house to decide how wide an awning you want. Both the Model 1000XT and Model 900XT come in pre-cut widths from 7 ft. to 20 ft. in one-foot increments. If you have railings on the deck or patio, measure between the railings to make sure the awning support arms will fall inside the railing.
For example, a 12 ft. wide awning needs a space of at least 12 feet to fit inside the railings. The actual fabric width is 10 in. less than the awning width.