The Rutland Castable Refractory Fireplace Cement comes in a 12.5-pound tub, and, as the name implies, the unique compound can be cast into custom shapes. Use it to replace firebrick or patch masonry; you can even use it to cast a solid stove bed. Do you have an outdoor fire pit? It works on that too. The cement cures without needing heat and can withstand temperatures up to 2200 degrees F. Since it takes about 24 hours to dry, it is easy to work with and gives you the time you need to carefully and thoroughly make your repairs.
- Can be cast into custom shapes
- Ideal for replacing worn out firebrick and filling large irregular holes in masonry fireboxes
- Creates an excellent solid stove bed
- Cures without heat
- Strong enough for use in outdoor fire pits
- Withstands temperatures as high as 2,200º F
- May be painted after curing
- Easy to use
- Consistency: dry
- Pot Time: 20 to 30 minutes
- Dry Time: 24 hours, depending upon thickness, humidity, and air temperature
- Coverage: one 12.5 pound container casts a block 12" x 12" x 1.25"
- Color: light brown